Thursday, June 26, 2014

I Believe That Seal Will Win!!!


If you've been avoiding freshly baked pretzels with Rhinegeld, bratwurst with sauerkraut, and a fine room temperature Dulken...

If you've been waiting for your wife to return from soccer practice with your Jeep because there is no way you'll ever drive her Volkswagen...

If you've suddenly broke out your Seal CD collection because you feel in some strange way it may send bad energy towards Heidi Klum, well then my friend,

You've been preparing for the final day of group G play. Our yankie boys stepping toe to toe with the Meisters of Germany.


                 


 I know what you're thinking, "Seal is British!". So? Just play along, it's funny.

I'll tell you one thing that isn't funny, our national team failing to make it out of the group because of a 30 second lapse in concentration. However, if our country is to ever prove to the world that we are becoming a Futball nation, there is no better time than now. 

Yes, the U.S. and Germany could move on with a tie, which could be very possible if no one has scored by the 75th or 80th minute. But I think I speak for our country, our sport, and our Futball future when I say in the words of a great american:
"JUST WIN BABY!"
                                                                     - Al Davis



There could be no greater challenge. There could be no greater stage. And playing the way our boys  have, with such spirit and conviction, in the group of death, in the amazon, in a time when this beautiful game has the potential to progress in American recognition and market share. I say, we need this. Futball and Futsal needs this.

Its called inspiration, hope, a wish, serious Jiminy Cricket stuff. We have witnessed ultimate success in every other american played sport, even Hockey!!

                                                        "Do You Believe in Miracles?!"

                                                                   - Al Michael's



I'll tell you something though, it feels just a little different this time around. The U.S. has left the underdog realm and entered the year of the Dark Horse. And I don't just say this, for I am passionate about German futball. I follow all things German soccer so this is a bitter-sweet day for me. Klinsmann, Ballak, Schweinsteiger, Klose, Lahm, Muller, its all Deutscher Bund to me.

But it's the very reason why I wanted to start the SOCAL Futsal 5 league. To help our country compete with the likes of the very opponent they are about to face in just a few hours. It begins with us, you and me and our kids. We need to provide better coaching, better training, better systems, and the only thing our kids need to do is be inspired, be motivated, and know that WE WILL WIN.



P.S. Update: The area flooded, U.S fans stranded, field a soggy mess. Our LA Galaxy boy Gonzalez in the starting line up after a long hiatus... I call it THE PERFECT STORM.

Nick Martinez
N.Martinez@SOCALfutsal5.com



                                                                 




1 comment:

  1. Beautifully presented. Hard not to feel excited and inspired for what's to come.

    ReplyDelete